+ Frequently Asked Questions+
1. What exactly do you do? We’re a design firm with a diverse offering of creative services. However, we work most often in the areas of advertising, concept work, marketing and sales collateral, direct mail, packaging, presentation design, sales kits, and visual identity systems. Here’s a complete list of our services.
2. Do you also handle print/production? Yes. We have years of experience in managing production services and it’s a significant portion of our business. We believe in providing a quality finished product with no ‘loose ends’. This allows us to closely monitor project results, ensure quality, and confirm that the final product looks exactly as we intended.
3. Do you outsource, or do you provide all services yourselves? All of our design services are completed in our studio. For requests exceeding our core capabilities, we collaborate with trusted partners to provide important ancillary services.
4. Do you offer web design services? No. However, we’d be happy to refer you to one of our trusted partners.
5. What industries do you work with? Seventy percent of our clients are in-house marketing people in the fragrance, flavor, and ingredients sectors. The remaining thirty percent work in diverse industries. Click here to see the industries in which we’ve worked.
6. You haven’t worked in my industry, should I be concerned? Although we focus on the flavor, fragrance and ingredient sectors, some of our most successful solutions result from first-time opportunities in new industries. Our fresh eyes, unique perspective, and drive to impress is all we need to produce amazing, portfolio-worthy work.
7. Should I be concerned that your company works with my competitor? Confidentiality is of the utmost importance to us. So much so, that we have a Client Secure File Share system in place whereby all files are password protected for the recipient’s eyes only. We’ll also be happy to sign Non-Disclosure Agreements upon request. In addition, we create original solutions for every assignment so your project won’t receive recycled ideas. And the designs we create for you will never be used for another organization. Most importantly, if you commission us to develop a concept(s) for a specific client request, we will ONLY accept the same assignment from a competing organization if all parties are comfortable with it. Otherwise, we honor the first-come, first-served policy.
8. Why are you different than Kinkos, AlphaGraphics, etc.? These companies are short-run printers that retain young or amateur talent. You don’t need a graphic design degree to label yourself as a ‘designer’ at those companies.
9. Do you have a portfolio I can review? Is the work recent? Yes, and we update it frequently. Visit our Solutions section and check it out. Note that confidentiality agreements prevent us from showcasing some of our work.
10. Why work with a small, boutique design firm like you? We’re glad that you asked. We suggest that you read our About page to learn more.
11. Why commission a brick-and-mortar design firm instead of an online company? If you are considering a crowd-sourced, contest platform, we’re not a good fit. Our best clients are friends and partners with whom we work long and hard to understand their business and customers. It’s these relationships that enable us to deliver relevant, on-brand messaging every time. If you’re looking for a ‘one-and-done’, we’re not your best choice.
12. Can you provide references? We can, but we’re fairly certain our testimonials say it all.
13. Are you insured? Yes. We have commercial business and personal liability insurance policies.
14. Are we a good fit? That’s a wonderful question. Visit the ‘Are We a Good Fit’ section to learn more.
15. How do you work and what’s your creative process? Our work flow is straight forward. Check out our Process section here.
16. How long will it take to complete my project? Because each assignment is unique, it’s difficult for us to predict the time and resources that will be required without knowing more. In most cases, we can readily accommodate a reasonable deadline. Note that we charge a 50% rush fee if you require delivery in 5 business days or less. This allows us to immediately free up resources and bring in additional staff when necessary. Contact our Creative Director to discuss your project and our availability.
17. How do revisions work and what exactly constitutes a ‘round’? A ‘round’ is a hard stop after we submit work for your review. We don't nickel-and-dime if your project requires minor edits after 3 rounds, but please don't overuse the privilege.
18. How many designs do I get to choose from? Typically, we’ll propose two relevant creative directions. However, we can deliver a wider range of outputs for an additional fee.
19. What is the easiest way to contact you? Email is best because our daily schedules are typically booked well in advance. However you choose to contact us, we’ll respond within 24 hours.
20. How good are you about sticking to your deadlines? We have never missed a deadline by any fault of our own.
21. How can I measure my return on investment? Typically, our work creates intangible results like brand perception, impressions, recognition, and a consistent brand experience. Consequently, it’s important to clearly define qualitative objectives for success at the start of a new engagement.
22. After my project is complete, do I own the rights to the content? Whether you receive intellectual property rights depends on the scope of the design services you purchase.
23. What’s your payment schedule? We require an upfront deposit of 50% so that we may schedule your work. The remaining 50% will be due 30 days after you receive the final deliverables. We can offer custom payment plans to long-term clients. If there’s production involved, we will invoice the costs separately upon delivery.
24. Why do I have to pay you upfront without seeing anything yet? A deposit demonstrates your commitment to the project and allows us to schedule your work into our busy pipeline. If trust is an issue, see what our clients say or contact us to request references. To this day, we’ve always delivered on our promises.
25. How do you arrive at your pricing? We use a consistent process to define a work scope, evaluate materials, estimate labor, allocate internal and external resources, and propose a reasonable project budget.
26. You seem expensive. Why shouldn't I just crowdsource my project? Our business is built on quality, partnerships, responsiveness, and personalized service. You won't find these attributes on a crowdsourced platform.
27. I’m a new client and I only need something small. What’s with the minimum engagement of $1,500? To fully achieve your goals, we need to invest time and resources into understanding your business, mission, target audience, brand voice, and key messaging. The minimum charge allows us to perform these functions and establish a mutually beneficial relationship that will ensure your success.
28. What happens if my project goes over budget? No one likes surprises. While actual fees can vary up to 15%, our projects don’t normally run over budget when scoped out properly. If there is a risk that we’ll exceed the budget, we’ll let you know beforehand so you can decide how to proceed.
29. What happens if unanticipated services are needed? No problem. In fact, our work often leads to valuable discoveries that are worthy of a change in scope. We’ll be happy to provide an estimate and add it to the project budget.
30. Do you have a money back-guarantee? A refund or cancellation policy? If you cancel an assignment for any reason after signing our agreement, we will retain any payments received prior to notice of cancellation. You will also be responsible for reimbursing us for all expenses and billable time incurred up to the date of cancellation and we will retain ownership of all copyrights and any original artwork.
31. What forms of payment do you accept? We accept all major credit cards, PayPal, company checks, wire, and ACH payments.
32. Can you work with my budget? We can propose work scopes that will accommodate most reasonable budgets.
33. How can I maximize the success of my project? Be ready to hire a design firm, know how you will define success, have a clear idea of what you’re looking for, and be able to describe it. If you don’t have content or don’t know what you want, you’re not ready for us.
34. Are there additional fees for setup, shipping, or other services? Our service estimates are just that, and occasionally fluctuate by up to 15%. Costs for print production, stock photography, copywriting, taxes, and shipping are never included in our project estimates. When applicable, we’ll itemize these additional costs in our invoices.
35. How big is your team? We’re a team of 4 and growing. See our mugshots here.
36. How long have you been in business? We’ve been in business since May of 2012. Each designer has prior creative experience.
37. Where are you located? We’re located in Central New Jersey, USA. We’re in the heart of Woodbridge, about 1 mile from the Woodbridge Center Mall. Here is how to find us.
38. How would you describe your working style? Clients have accused us of being SERIOUSLY FUN, and we’re guilty on both counts. We’re serious about delivering gourmet work, and serious about having fun doing it. Try working with us… it’s contagious!
39. I still have questions. How can I get answers? Go right to the source. To learn how we can support your next initiative, contact our Owner/Chief Creative Officer George Costello by email, or click here to schedule a consultation.